Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Orientation pt2

Ok I'm back and charged up like the freakin energizer bunny. I dunno why but im in a writing mood tonight. Where did we leave off? The lovely Marie right? Ok, lets see here.

She and I parted ways and then I rememberd I had a dreaded math placement test comming up. This test is meant to start you off in the right math for you. The reason its required for Engineers like me is because College Algebra doesnt do shit for your major. I might as well take a course a folk music because the real fun doesn't start til Calculus which would be next. That's one semester of an unnessasary class and you'll be a tad bit behind on your major. I'd rather be put in alegebra though because I need to brush up on my math anyway. If I'm lucky it'll turn out to be an easy A and I'll go into Calculas with greased gears. Not that I had a choice really. I bombed that test so hard you woulda thought it was world war II again. My test score was like "YOU MUST TAKE ALGEBRA 1300" fine, its what I wanted anyway...I just didn't know I wanted it so bad.
Ok after ze test what did I do? Ahh yes the Thea thing. Registration for classes start the next day so everyone is advised to go to the student service center to check and see if they have STOPS on their record. With stops you aint registerin bitch. Unless you are exempt from the Thea you have to take it. I wasn't exempt so I did take. But it was oh so recently so I hadn't recieved my test scores to know if I passed. I figured maybe they have it on record. I get there and no scores. Damn not lookin good.
Then it was back to our small groups, our leader said he might have been 10 minutes late but he never showed up at all. We just chilled in there for like 20 of the 30 minutes then left. After that it was dinner time. I dont eat dinner at 6, and I wasn't hungry, and the lines were full so I broke out. I went to the rec center to check it out. That bitch was off the chain.
Big basketball courts, raquet/squash courts, WTFBBQ? And the icing on the gym sock flavored cake? A freakin rock wall bigger than yo fat mamma. Hot damn these guys went all out. Not to mention the whole second floor full of workout equipment, their gigantic pool, their couple of multipurpose courts, and a Smoothie King right freakin there when you enter and exit. Sigh. I tired myself out with that one. One smoothie please. Much better.
Anyway, shall I continue with my story. I went here. Big fancy work out place. Took these not-so-fancy pictures. And then went back to watch white people climb the rock wall. Familar face number one. I kid by the name of Joel from my small group. He was climbing the wall. After he got down he came over and we chatted. Enter familiar face numero dos, a guy by the name of Jorge. Mr. Calculas as I call him because he took Cal 1 and 2 in high school and is going to start college on Cal 3. Gat Damn. Anyway, he came over and started admiring the wall. We chatted while Joel climbed. I told I was going to the game room after this and he said he was going too so he'll join me. After we found out the wall was just about closing we bounced. But not before picking up a smoothie. Jorge got talked into a Gladiator. Some energy drink...oh how that made a difference. I got a Carribean Way which was just a regular smoothie. On the way we caught up to this girl named Charlotte and her mom. They were going to the game room too.
We got there, and wondered around for a bit. I dunno if I told you about this game room so I'll tell you now. Plenty of arcade games and pool tables, a couple of ping-pong tables, and a bowling alley with like 8 lanes. Me and Jorge played a round of some..fighting game and I beat him. It was both of our first times and I lost to the first cpu. He was feeling that Gladiator though. Even if he lost he was like "ARG I AM A MANLY MAN, I DRINK GLADIATOR!" and crap like that. We found Charlotte and her moms and they were just finishing up a game of pool. She asked us about a doubles game and by the time Joel had shown up. I didnt want to play with her moms so I declined but then she informed us that mommy had to leave so I was like ok, they needed me. I got teamed with Jorge...heh. He spent mos tof his time playing air guitar on his pool que along with the songs on the speakers and when his turn pops up he just hits the ball. Didnt try at all. Yet I won with him on my team twice. Charlotte was quite a competitior though. 3rd game we traded teammates and I got Joel and we won again. But that's where my lucky spree ended. Wilson came and took Joel's place. You do know who Wilson is right? He's a big asian guy who went to Hastings with me. We're cool with each other. I lost the next to game to Charlotte, who had Jorge on her team. I dont think I have to tell you who's who in the picture.
Then we blew that popsicle stand. I kept jokin saying, "Party at Charlotte's dorm", but to my surprise we actually went back there. She was like "I'm not sure if my roommate will appreciate me bringing back 4 guys" but it was cool. We all basically chilled there and kept telling each other to keep the noise down. Jorge came off his hype slowy. It was a good atmosphere in there though. 11:30 rolled around and Joel's like "Well I think we better be going" and I had to agree. We have to get up early the next morning and I wanted to shower before I went to bed. Jorge stayed behind. So me, Wilson, and Joel went back to our rooms. I reached my door and remembered I havn't met my roommate. I was wondering who or what I'd walk in on.
Well I've typed enough for now, I dont like having books for blogs so I'll end it here.
To Be Continued...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kasey said...

Hey HEY! your roommmate...ooh you better be telling who you roommate is

DAAAANNGGG. Fun times. Those men must be muscular.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home