Thursday, March 22, 2007

Peace Of Mind Ver. 1

Given time to think, I never contemplate

Everyone argues over politics, love, and fate

Making and fueling a sin we call hate

Humanity can’t finish the beef on its plate

They doubt me because I lack their belief

Knowing how it’s a dark world, I easily get to sleep

Without a religious night light for the Devil under my bed

I believe in my bone, flesh, and head

Knowing evil lies within my own heart

Along with good, peace, and love right from the start

Seeing the business called church

Feeding on your insecurities

Telling you what you already know oh so fluently

Yet you pay to go back for the remind

Somewhere the root of evil and word of God became aligned

Where do you buy your peace?

It’s not found, it’s reached

It’s higher mind state that can’t be teached

Or taught

But here’s a thought

Forgive your own sins

You know right from wrong

Can you live with yourself in the long?

If God is God, Just being you will suffice

No need for superficial sacrifice

WWJD necklaces and medallions of Christ

Only reinforce that fate has a price

Reach of new height

Gain peace of mind

Control your own damn life

And leave me to mine


Well, this is where i'll put poems that don't make the grade for Allpoetry.com. This one didn't turn out the way I wanted but it turned out anyway

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasey said...

Why wouldn't they make the grade for ap?

This is really good...gosh..what is the grade for Ap? hmm??

7:38 PM  
Blogger IceDrgn4 said...

Cuz it didn't turn out the way I wanted

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home